Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Year Without Cookies - Weeks 17 and 18

(Let Them Eat Cookies...)

Turning, turning, turning through the years
Minutes into hours and the hours into years.
Nothing changes. Nothing ever can.
Round about the roundabout and back where you began.
Round and round and back where you began!"
- "Turning" Les Miserables

Two more weeks have passed. No cookies have been eaten. No soda has been drunk (drunken? drank?). Last week I had a little karaoke party to celebrate my half-birthday. My friend S.Levithan and I sang many Broadway tunes while waiting for other guests to arrive. We sang some quality Les Miz songs and since that time, I've had Les Miz stuck in my head. So I thought a quote from the show to mark the passing of time was an appropriate way to start this post. :)

Since my dad had delivered girl scout cookies to me that matched nobody's order, I had a bunch of boxes to unload and brought them along as snacks for Half-Birthday karaoke. They were quickly devoured by the guests. I think I also gave a couple boxes to BFF. I still have a couple boxes left. Gotta get rid of them soon! I think I know some people looking for some sweets. :)

It has been a while since I have had dreams about soda. So maybe that issue has passed. Maybe it just means I've guaranteed that tonight I will have another one. Now I mostly miss soda with Chinese food and at the movies. Plus I caught another cold during week 17 and definitely again wanted ginger ale to soothe my throat. But I know I can make it to Week 20. And then I can reassess my goals. Maybe a year is too much. Maybe I have proved a point to myself already. What that point could be... i don't know. I'll make something up and say that was the point. But maybe when I get to Week 20. I'll realize it's only 6 more weeks until 6 months without cookies have been achieved, and I can make it to that next goal post. We shall see... We shall see...

No comments: