Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Year Without Cookies - Week 20



So we have hit Week 20 of no cookies and no soda! An amazing feat. This was not a bad week in terms of wanting. Although there was another Nilla Wafer torture moment at work involving co-workers with tall glasses of milk and delicious wafers and dunking those delicious wafers into the tall glasses of milk. Why must they torture me so???

I took this opportunity to tell coworker Suki that we would soon be 20 weeks into the year and that I knew this because I'd soon reach the 20-week mark on my quest. Suki asked how long I was gonna go on this way, and I told her it was only 6 more weeks to the halfway mark on the year. Then I would probably stop. She was all "What is six months? Six months won't mean anything. It was supposed to be a year. You have to do a year." Oh, the mind games! Now I don't know what to do! I guess I will have to go six more weeks and see. But maybe if that doesn't impress Suki very much, I'll have to go the whole year... I am a cookieless Cookie Monster...

No comments: