Friday, February 11, 2011

A Year Without Cookies - Week 6

(A convenient way to avoid eating Valentine's Day cookies
is to write hateful messages on them.)

Week 6 has now passed. I look ahead and wonder how long can this go on? Can I make it to two months? Can I make it to double digit weeks? One day at a time, I remind myself. One soda-less, cookie-less day at a time.

This week went by without incident. I don't remember having any dreams about soda this week. I spoke to my therapist about them and he was all "Whaaaaaaat?" and that's never really a good sign coming from a therapist. I think he might go all Rupert Giles on me and consult his books and come up with a theory for next month's visit.

St. Valentine's Day is right around the corner. That means chocolates, sweets and cookies are everywhere. Last night I was at a benefit for Gifted Hands NYC and I literally had chocolate chip cookies served to me on a platter. I graciously declined them. Thank goodness I didn't swear to give up brownies. They are not as readily present in my life as cookies are, so they don't present the same constant threat of binging. But damn brownies are good.

I've replaced soda with red wine at parties, which seems to make me more amusing to be around. So far, everybody seems to be winning in that regard. Girl Scout Cookies have yet to arrive at my doorstep. We'll see if I give them away like I had planned or devour them myself. A true test lies ahead!

No comments: