Monday, February 7, 2011

A Year Without Cookies - Week 5

(how good do these cookies look? SO GOOD!!!!)

I am posting this late, but never fear! It is still a cookies-less and soda-less life I lead. Last week crossed the one-month mark. I almost celebrated with cookies. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

I continue to dream about drinking soda. I'm not making this up. On Thursday, I had a dream I was on an episode of House in which I was in this old house that I was convinced was filled with ghosts and the doctors were observing me to see if I was crazy. The twist was that it wasn't ghosts in the house but ALIENS! I never said the dream made any sense.

So I woke up from that dream in the middle of the night, and when I fell back asleep, I dreamed I was eating dinner with the cast of House and I was telling them about the episode I was in with them and they didn't remember it, so I recounted the ENTIRE PREVIOUS DREAM FOR THEM. Then at the end of dinner, I noticed I had a glass of coke in my hand and I remembered I wasn't supposed to be drinking it. I got upset with myself for forgetting, but was proud of myself for at least lasting a month. Then I woke up and couldn't remember what was real. Are these dreams a permanent thing now? Even if I started drinking soda again, would they continue to haunt my sleep? I still have had no dreams about cookies yet. Oh, Dr. Freud. What does it all mean?

No comments: