Sunday, May 3, 2009

If it's Sunday, It's... a Win for Rafa!


Woohoo! This is the third Sunday in a row where Rafa has been playing for an ATP Tournament Championship, and it's also his third win. This week it was the Rome Master Series Event, following victories at the Monte Carlo Masters and the Barcelona Open. Nadal broke an Open Era tie with Thomas Muster, who won Rome titles in 1990, 1995 and 1996. Jaroslav Drobny and Martin Mulligan also each won three titles before the Open Era. But Now Rafa's got four! It was his 15th Masters Series title, one more than Federer and two shy of Andre Agassi’s record of 17. Rafa also improved his tour-best record to 38-3 this year, winning five of the eight tournaments he’s entered.



Rafa makes cheering for him super-easy during the clay court season. But please, Rafa. I am BEGGING you to take a week off now! You've been playing great. You've been beating up on everybody. No one can touch you. Don't you now want to take a nap, or just spend some time at home? Like for instance, today it was rainy and cold and I've been sitting around my house cleaning my apartment and watching movies. It feels great! You need this kind of day every once in a while.



I couldn't watch your match since I don't (yet) get the Tennis Channel. I did keep track of the live score online. I'm very very happy for you that you've been on sure a roll lately, but if you play again this week, I'm gonna be upset. You've earned a break. We've all earned a break. Stay home and eat some junk food and watch a dvd. You'll be glad that you did.

No comments: