Sunday, May 31, 2009

An Angel Falls Back To Earth



Hooray! Another goal for the year finally crossed off the list. IT was a long time coming, as bad weather delayed my jump for almost a month. Clouds STILL managed to roll in right as we were taking off, but no matter. I wanted to skydive and i did from about 10,000 feet. It was a fantastic experience. one I would do again in a heartbeat. I was very nervous going into it, but I was wearing my Rafa shirt for extra confidence and therefore managed to hold it together. It really was quite a crazy sensation because you don't FEEL like you're falling but you know that's you're falling. It's amazing. My sincere thanks to the awesome people at Skydive Long Island including Brian my tandem jump instructor, and Alex my videographer. It was also very nice to have my dad, sister and two nieces with me. Thanks for making the drive all the way out there!

I'm very glad I faced two of my biggest fears which are heights and falling (which pretty much add up to a fear of letting go) and it feels very good to have made it through.

So between the skydiving and the half-marathon, it's been a physically and mentally draining weekend. At the same time it was all very refreshing. Time to think of my next challenge....

2 comments:

NoddyMonkey said...

Wow you finally got to do it! I'm very proud of you, congrats.

Katie Vagnino said...

I can't believe you went skydiving! That's terrifying and awesome. I want to do it some day, but can't imagine the fear you must feel right before jumping out of the plane...