Thursday, October 8, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane


I am just a few hours from heading off to Rome. I am nervous and excited. I'm hoping for a successful trip filled with pizza, gelato, wine, pastries, art and a bunch of beautiful ancient buildings. I am putting an away message on my work email! A first for me! I am turning off my phone! A first for me! I will be taking my computer. Not a first for me. But I don't really plan to use it! A first for me!

Certainly there are a few things I will miss while I'm away. A couple Yankee games, a couple Rafa matches, a Project Runway recap from Sassy in the doldrums of the Friday afternoon workday. I would also especially like to give a shout out to all those who will be attending the National Equity March in DC on Sunday. You have my full love and support. Let your voices be heard! The time is now.


One thing I will NOT be missing this weekend is the totally eff'ed up system wide subway work that's going on in NYC during Columbus Day weekend. Apparently they scheduled work on every line except the M. Good luck with that, friends!

No comments: