Saturday, October 31, 2009

Marathon Sunday Approaches!

Tomorrow morning is the Marathon. I hope I am ready! I'm putting the finishing touches on what I'm taking with me in my bag. Thankfully I do not have an insanely early bus time like last year, plus we get an extra hour to sleep with Day Light Savings Time. Here's the info one more time on how you can follow me online or come out and support.

New York Road Runners club, which hosts the marathon, now offers two distinct ways to track athletes like me!

First, you can sign up to receive an e-mail or text alert on the official marathon site to track up to four runners. After registering, you can search by runner’s name, bib number (mine is 45641), team or other criteria, and then simply add them to your list. http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/athlete_alert.htm On race day, you’ll receive alerts that include my time and split when I cross the Start and Finish lines, as well as the 5K, 10K, and 15K markers. After the 15K split, you’ll need to track me online if you want to see my stats for miles 14 through 26. The other day the website said registration was full, but try it again on Race Day. it might work.

The second application is the Web-based Athlete Tracker. Fans can track up to 10 racers, and it doesn’t require advance registration like the e-mail alert. The app will be live on race day at athletetracker.ingnyc.org (the link will not work until Nov. 1). In addition to showing the 5K splits, you can also track miles 14 through 26. Its map feature will show their race pace and other stats. While there isn’t an smartphone app yet, you will be able to access the tracker from a mobile device on its browser.And you can also come out and watch in person. Sunday should be fairly warm weather for the 1st of November! Thanks for your continued support and encouragement.

POST RACE PARTY FOR OWEN HOSTED BY THE LOVELY S.LEVITHAN!
When? After we’ve finished cheering Owen on… Approximately 2:30 or 3PM (after he gets his bag and finds his family, he'll make his way over.)
Where? Sarah’s Home
What? Please BYO Beverage and a few bucks for pizza.
Why? Because Owen will have just run 26.2 freaking miles!
RSVP!

No comments: