Monday, October 26, 2009

Birthday of Champions: 30 Songs For 30

Today is the Birthday of Hillary Rodham Clinton, Pat Sajak and me. Thus it is known as the Birthday Of Champions. It is also on this date in history in 1985 when Marty McFly met Doctor Emmet Brown in the parking lot of Twin Pines Mall at 1:15am, at which point Marty drove a DeLorean DMC-12, that Doc converted into a time machine, 88 miles per hour generating the 1.21 gigawatts of power required to travel back in time to November 5, 1955. Doc was subsequently gunned down by Libyan terrorists.

If you happen to see me on the subway today, I will most likely be rocking out to one of the following 30 songs playing in a loop on my ipod. And yes, I will be bopping my head and semi-singing out loud like a crazy person, because it's my 30th birthday and that's what I want to do.

30 on 30 playlist (on random shuffle):

1. I Got Life - Hair
2. The Goonies R Good Enough - Cyndi lauper
3. Die Vampire, Die! - title of show
4. Revolution - The Beatles
5. Run This Tour - Lin-Manuel Miranda
6. I Want It Now - Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
7. Don't Stop Believing - Glee Cast
8. Sex On Fire - Kings Of Leon
9. Macho Duck - Dance Dance Revolution
10. Fidelity - Regina Spektor
11. Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
12. Happy Birthday, Darling - Bright Lights Big City
13. Pounding - Doves
14. Your Fault/Last Midnight - Into The Woods
15. So What - Pink
16. I'm Not Afraid of Anything - Songs For A New World
17. Cheer Up, Boys - Foo Fighters
18. That Green Gentleman - Panic at the Disco
19. Bastian's Happy Flight - Never Ending Story
20. Bigger Than My Body - John Mayer
21. Where Are Those People Who Did Hair? - Runaways
22. Guavaberry - Juan Luis Guerra
23. Hey Ya! - Outkast
24. Only The Good Die Young - Billy Joel
25. Al Otro Lado del Rio - Motorcycle Diaries
26. Waters of March - Jane Monheit
27. Last of An Ancient Breed - Desmond Child
28. Rock Lobster - B-52's
29. The Magic Store - The Muppet Movie
30. Would You Like To Buy An O? - Sesame Street

No comments: