Saturday, July 18, 2009

SYTYCD Top 10 - Pass on the Doble


This week the Top 10 Performed with new partnerships a'plenty. It was overall a tough week as the dancers adjusted to having new partners. Only one couple really soared for me and that was Jason and Jeanine doing Travis's contemporary routine. That was really great. It seemed to redeem Jason after several weeks of so-so performances and cemented Jeanine's status as a front runner for final four. Evan's popularity remains a frustration for me since his routines are never fantastic and the judges continue to tell him so. It's not like he's a bad guy or a bad dancer. I don't enjoy rooting against him, but look at his competition! Who should we lose instead of him? Ade? Brandon? Please, Voting Public. Let it not be so.

Kupono and Randi got the axe, and that seems fair since their dance was easily the worst.Effing Paso Doble. The quick step has a bed rep on this show, but I think the Paso Doble has to have just as high an elimination rate. There's so much room for catastrophe. I was a little nervous for Melissa being in the bottom 2, but as much as I hate to admit it. she kinda belonged there this week. The Broadway number didn't feature her, her solo wasn't very memorable, and the competition is tight. I hope she has a good week next week, so she has a fighting chance to make it to Top 6.

This week also featured some awesome group numbers two of which I'll include in my top 3 routines of the week. You can see them here, here and here.



















Next week marks the 100th episode of SYTYCD and it will thankfully feature some of the best routines from seasons past, plus katie holmes will do something to change the face of dance forever that will make the results show finally justify its hour-long run-time. Woohoo!

Also, for the 3rd week in a row here's my attempt to link to VAMPIRES and ALIENS.



No comments: