Friday, September 30, 2011

A Year Without Cookies - Week 39


 (it's that time of year again.)

Week 39. Look at that end-cap of goodness pictured above! This is what greeted me when I went grocery shopping this week. I wanted to buy every box! Unfortunately for me, it says "cookies" right on the packaging. Mallomars don't really count as cookies do they? are they baked like cookies? I'm gonna have to think long and hard about this one and at the very least buy a few boxes to store in my freezer. Don't they look amazing? And a total steal at only $4.89 a box!

This week I mentioned I was at 39 weeks to Co-worker Suki and she remarked that she was 36 weeks into her pregnancy. She has been sick nearly every day for 36 weeks an I have been hungry for cookies every day for just as long a time. Who has walked the tougher road? It's hard to say. But I am fairly certain that she only has about four weeks to go (or maybe less. that baby seems ready to arrive at the party a little bit early to me. She's so big! Is there really a whole month left of baking in the oven... like a giant delicious cookie??  mmm.... delicious baby-shaped cookies...) and then after that I will continue to soldier on for another 12 weeks. So all things considered, it's a toss up.

Next week is week 40! FORTY WEEKS! I am stunned it's gone on this long. It's the 4th quarter of the year. And with it comes the biggest test of all. Holiday Season. Oh, boy.


No comments: