Friday, July 29, 2011

A Year Without Cookies - Week 30

(Lovin' straight from the oven.)

30 Weeks! Only a measly 22 weeks to go! This week was the battle against homemade cookies. Three times this week I was offered fresh from the over cookies. Twice it was chocolate chip. Once it was oatmeal raisin. Clearly, the oatmeal raisin was much easier to pass up. But those homemade cookies looked SO GOOD. Did I want even a bite of one, a friend asked? Bites are against the rules. No cookies at all, I'm afraid.

As if that were not enough, Suki continues to twist the knife at work. This week she had a delicious chocolate chunk cookie from Pret with her lunch. She was all "these are SO GOOD! have you ever had one of these?" And yes, I have had them back in 2010 and yes, they are high quality cookies. Thank you for reminding me, Sukes. I hope to snack on their deliciousness again in 2012.

The soda dreams have not plagued me for a few weeks. Now that I think I'm in the clear, I'm sure I'll have one tonight. Probably a real dramatic one where I have my head underneath a nozzle of a soda fountain and I'm just guzzling away on Mug Root Beer like i'm Barney from The Simpsons. It sounds like such a beautiful dream... I dreamed a day in time gone by when soda were mine and and life worth living...

(Lovely ladies waiting for a bite. Waiting for the cookie trucks that only come at night...)

Onward to Week 31!

No comments: