Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Year Without Cookies - Week 25

(Taste the Rainbow. Cookie Consumption Equality Now!)

It's Pride Week here in New York, and I am proud to say that I have not had cookies in 25 weeks! I think there were only two times this week where I came upon someone eating a chocolate chip cookie and wanted to impulsively snatch it out of their hands and shove it down my throat before they could react. That's a very low percentage considering how often I come across people eating cookies. I don't seek them out. These people are ALL OVER. Anyway, I am proud of myself for exercising restraint for another week.

I had no dreams about soda this week, for the first time in a long time. I thank my unconscious mind for the reprieve. Although, a funny thing happened on Friday night. Right after the State Senate announced that the Marriage Equality Act would become law, I felt such a wave of happiness and relief that I ran into my kitchen looking to celebrate with a glass of coke. Not wine, or champagne (not that I have champagne on hand). but who mentally thinks, "This event calls for a celebration! Bartender! Your finest cola!" ??? Apparently, I do. I have issues.

Next week is the big milestone. 26 Weeks. Half a Year without Cookies or Soda! On Friday, when the calendar hits July 1st half of 2011 will be gone. Seriously, people. If you set goals for yourself in 2011 at the start of the year, you have half as much time left as you did then to make them happen. Don't let the summer pass you by! See you next week, for the big celebration!!

No comments: