Friday, March 18, 2011

A Year Without Cookies - Week 11

(On Thin Ice!)

Ahh, Elvensies. Here we go. A lucky 77 days without cookies and soda. I am still doing good with denying myself my sweetest of snacks. That I have somehow surrounded myself with them, possibly just to up the torture, is a situation that... really I have no one to blame but myself.

So my dad sent me girl scout cookies and I haven't been able to get them eaten at rehearsal fast enough, so here they sit. I have bottles of soda left over from a party back in February, so here they sit. The biggest temptation by far is an open box of thin mints. I'm not sure what it is about these little buggers but they make my defenses almost completely melt away... like a dark delicious thin mint on a warm Spring day... Perhaps the problem is that they don't really look like cookies in my mind. But small round discs made of chocolate. They aren't your standard chocolate chip cookie coloring, which my brain knows to immediately identify and avoid. Thin mints are much trickier.

Still, I gotta raise my game. Since rehearsals for the show are getting longer and more frequent, the time in my schedule for the gym right now is less and less. Can't fall back on old habits now. New week will be a dozen consecutive weeks without cookies and soda! Woohoo!

No comments: