Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Year Without Cookies - Week 10

(This cookie's future is so bright, it's gotta wear shades.)

My schedule has been crazed due to prep for timing of a day, but I just wanted to let you know that I have celebrated double digit weeks without cookies or soda. Double Digits! A milestone most definitely. Unfortunately, I am now living with both soda AND cookies in my apartment. My dad sent me a bunch of random boxes of girl scout cookies in the mail. They are not the ones I ordered from my niece. They are just random cookies. Papa is not internet savvy, and has long forgotten that I ever started this no cookie quest. I try to bring these cookies to rehearsals so the actors will eat them. All actors love free food. Trust. Still it feels like I can't get rid of them fast enough.

As the play approaches my general stress level rises. Things are going great, but it's just a naturally anxiously excited time. Generally, at times like this, I want to take comfort in cookies. But I'm not going to do that this time. No matter how hard it gets. But man, inhaling a roll of thin mints would certainly take the edge off right about now...

No comments: