Friday, October 21, 2011

A Year Without Cookies - Week 42

(Were they really sold out of coconut or did they not even bother to stock them since everybody wants chocolate chip?)

Have I discussed the Subway Dilemma before? I feel like maybe I did. It's been 42 weeks of this, so it's more than possible it's come up before. It's hard to find new territory 40 entries in. Just pretend like it's new to you.

So I enjoy getting myself a subway sandwich from the show down the street from my apartment every now and again. Their 5-dollar foot long sandwich offer is a good deal, even on the occasions where the sandwich maker tries to cheat me on tomatoes or green peppers. But occasionally I get it as a meal which comes with a gigantic drink and a snack on the side. There are many snack options but my favorite one of course is the two (sorta) fresh cookies option. I have not been able to partake in this option all year and it creates a unique sense of sadness in my heart. I like the subway cookies. The chocolate chip, the double chocolate chip, the white chip macadamia nut, the chocolate chip with M&M - you can mix and match to your heart's content. There are also oatmeal raisin and peanut butter and a couple other flavors, but... eh. The whole point is the chocolate!

So instead I get sun chips. The sun chips are fine but they're not as good as cookies. I will not be missing them for much longer though as there are only 10 weeks left in the year! That's right! Only 10 weeks!! It's crazy. Maybe I will do a countdown of fond cookie memories for the next 10 weeks until the self-imposed ban is lifted. Man, life is about to get sweeter....

No comments: