Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Year Without Cookies - Week 41

(Like Eve tempting Adam with the apple from the Tree...)

It is Week 41 of no cookies and soda. This was a pretty straightforward week, so not much to say. It just flew by with the usual temptations and longings. New this week, was my co-worker Tony literally putting a large, warm-from-the-oven, chocolate chip cookie directly into my hand as a gift. He got it for me as a treat thinking I would enjoy it. My response was kinda "You do realize I haven't been eating these for 40 weeks and I've been talking to you about not eating them for all of those 40 weeks, no?" But his wife just gave birth to a lovely baby boy. He gets no sleep. So perhaps A Year Without Cookies just isn't registering for him. I forgive him. I respectfully gave him back the cookie.No offense taken by anyone involved.

Next up it's Week 42... and thus the 10 Week Countdown to the end of the Year Without Cookies!

No comments: