Thursday, September 3, 2009

1st Round Victory! Vamos Rafa!



Congrats to Rafa for taking down his good friend and 1st round opponent, Richard Gasquet, Wednesday at the US Open. This match was a bit of a question mark in the press since Rafa has been sidelined with injury and Gasquet has been out under a cocaine suspension. When the actual match got under way, however, it was clear that Rafa was back in top form, while Gasquet still had a lot of rust to shake off. In the end it was a quick match; 6-2 6-2 6-3 in Rafa's favor.



"I felt well out there," Rafa said. "I served very well in the important moments and my backhand was very good today. My forehand was good at the start and then I made a few mistakes, but it doesn't matter. I am very happy to be in the second round."



Next up is Nicholas Kiefer. Destroy him, Rafa! Vamos!

No comments: