Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Year Without Cookies - Week 34

(A sweet tooth, but you'll notice no cookies!)

You know what's an effect way to deal with cookie addiction? Have a few of your teeth yanked out of your mouth. You will effectively not want to chew for several days and that will bring you that much closer to another complete week of not having cookies or soda. This is not a tactic that you can employ against cravings every week. You only have so many wisdom teeth and then i don't recommend going to permanent teeth you need to chew. I had to have my top two wisdom teeth out last week and it took a couple days, but I think I'm on the mend now. I can chew, but my teeth kinda generally ache. I think that while the swelling has gone down, there's just a bit of bruising still to get over in the gums. They gave me some strong prescription pain meds, but I've been getting by on just the super motrin. I don't need to self-medicate to forget about cookies.

I will come up with new ways to avoid cookies and soda next week that hopefully don't involve physical pain and swelling. Hypnosis, perhaps? It's worth some investigating!

No comments: