Friday, January 14, 2011

A Year Without Cookies - Week 2

(Opening Pandora's Box of Girl Scout Cookies)

I have now gone two weeks without cookies or soda. One would think I would be going through severe withdrawal, perhaps experiencing night sweats, or the shakes or horrible headaches. Surprisingly, I actually feel really good. I am currently in a better mood now than I've been in a long long time. Were cookies and soda somehow bringing me down? I thought it was maybe just that I was finally past the Holiday Doldrums, but maybe a change in diet has also put me in brighter spirits. It is still hard not to snack on cookies while at work, or to have a soda at work, but I'm sticking to pretzel sticks and water. Pretzels and water are tasty too... I guess...

A problem with "no cookies" looms on the horizon though. That problem is Girl Scout Cookies. My little niece is selling them and I wouldn't be an Uncle worth anything if I didn't buy a few boxes. But what am I supposed to do with the cookies I purchase? They're too dangerous to keep in the apartment. I can inhale a box of thin mints without realizing it. Should I just give them away? Faced with a box of tagalongs could I really turn my back on such deliciousness? All I know is that one moment of weakness will lead to a a complete cookieholic relapse. I must hold out as long as I can...

No comments: