Sunday, September 1, 2013

RAFA-RIPPED OPEN: Round 3 - Nadal d. Dodig



  (Nothing gets by Rafa in another rout!)



Our Hero, Rafael Nadal breezed through another round of the US Open on Saturday with a comprehensive 6-4, 6-3, 6-3 win over Ivan Dodig. Nadal continued to play with his new-found aggression and offensive shot-making and was never in danger the whole match. He has even not dropped serve yet for the entire tournament!



Tomorrow evening Rafa plays No. 22 Philipp Kohlschreiber from Germany. Rafa holds a 9-1 lifetime record against Philipp and has never lost to him on hard courts. Tomorrow night also promises to be a special night, for it is my annual trip to see the US Open live and I'm very excited to see Rafa in action. I'm begging the rain gods to give me a reprieve and not wash out the match. I still lament that time I was supposed to meet Nadal at his book-signing and stupid Hurricane Irene canceled it and I missed my chance. Please! I'm not even asking to meet Rafa this time! I just want watch him play! Rain overnight when no one is trying to play tennis! I'm begging you, Weather! VAMOS!

No comments: