Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rafa Y Gambas!

I have a new meal that I eat in preparation for all my long races now. It comes courtesy of Rafa Nadal. Surprised? I didn't think so. Turns out he has a favorite meal that helped him out at Roland Garros and Wimbledon as he marched towards victory. That meal is pasta y gambas. I love both of those things! I need to carbo load anyway, and I've always been a fan of shrimp, so if I can eat foods i like before a race AND draw inspiration from Rafa, this is a win-win for me.

Nadal's still prepping to get back in the (literal) swing of things for the US Open Series leading up to the US Open later this month. I still haven't bought tickets! I hope some are still available! I need to get on that right away.

Here's a US Open commercial where Nadal talks about prepping his secret recipe for success! I love how he can't take his delivery of the lines that seriously.

No comments: