Wednesday, June 16, 2010

World Cup 2010: Spain Dominates... and LOSES??

Ay, no. I was so excited for this game. Fabolous and I wore our jerseys to work and everything.

(Fabby and me in front of the TV at work this morning - back when hopes were high and life worth living.)

Then the game happened. Let me break some statistics down for you:

Spain had possession of the ball for roughly 88% of the game.
Spain had 27 shots on net in the game, compared to Switzerland's 7.
Spain had 12 corner kicks to Switz's 3.
Spain committed only 9 fouls to Switz's 19.
Spain received 0 yellow cards to Switz's 4.

So, of course, Spain lost to Switzerland 1-0.

OMFG, WHY???

I can't believe none of Spain's shots went in. I can't believe one freak play where Spain's defense got completely thrown off and Casillas left the net open resulted in the one goal by the Swiss. Look how crazy it was!

(goooooaaaal?????!!!?!?!?!??)

What a mess. It's just unbelievable. The rest of the game didn't seem real. I'm very discouraged that my adopted home team had such a horrible start to World Cup. They were one of the favorites to win the whole tournament! What does this mean for them now?? We will have to stay tuned. Hang in there, guys! Vamos!

No comments: