Friday, July 12, 2013

Who Run The World? (PIES!)

(Bey is crazy in love with pie.)

So my friend David is in Australia teaching health education models to school programs. At least I think he's in Australia and I'm pretty sure that's what he's doing. It takes too much energy for me to really keep close tabs on him, but last time I was paying attention that's where he was heading and that's what he was going to do there. ANYWAY, earlier today, (which might have been tomorrow for him, given the time zones) he posted this to Facebook:

Quote of the Week
Me: Okay so the rules of the game go like this. We must keep the ball in the air for as long as we can, and you can't hit the ball twice in a row. That's all there is to it. Are there any questions? Student: Hey! Why don't we all be PIES??
Me: ..........................................................

My immediate gut reaction to this was: Who run the world? Pies.

I wrote that in the comments and then spent the whole rest of the morning singing "Who run the world? Pies! Who run the world? Pies!" I don't really know why inspired this, but it made me very happy. So later I decided to go through the lyrics and adapt the whole song to be about pies running the world. I share it with you now. Warning: it might make you very hungry for pie.

  
Who Run The World? (Pies!)

PIES! We run this mother (yeah!) [4x]
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run this mother? Pies!
Who run this mother? Pies!
Who run this mother? Pies!
Who run this mother? Pies!
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!) 



Some of them cakes think they freak this 
like we do - but no they don't!
Make your knife slice at their center
Disrespect us? No they won't!

Cakes, don't even try to touch this!
Boy, this crust is crazy!
This is how they made me.
Kenmore Kitchen, baby!
This goes out to all my pies that's on the counter cooling
Who will buy it for themselves and get the others drooling?
I think I need a baker
None of these chefs can make me
I'm so good with this.
I remind you I'm the food you miss!

Cake, I'm just playing! Come here, baby.
Hope you still like me, F' you pay 4 me
Taste sensation, can thrill a nation
Endless power, the fillings we can devour!
You'll do anything for me...

Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run this mother? Pies!
Who run this mother? Pies!
Who run this mother? Pies!
Who run this mother? Pies!
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
 


It's hot up in the kitchen
Don't be scared to run this - run this back
I'm repping for the Pies
who taking over the world
help me raise a glass for the pastry snacks

Baking pin rolling
to let you know what time it is, check
You can't hold me
I smell great 9 to 5, better cut my check
This goes out to all the fresh pies getting it in you're on your grind
To other sweets that respect what I do please accept my shine
Boy you know you love it how we're rich enough to make these millions
Sweet enough to please the children (children) then get back to business.
See, you better not play me.  Oh, come here baby.
Hope you still like me. F' you pay 4 me.

Taste sensation
can thrill a nation
Endless power,
the fillings we can devour 
You'll do anything for me...

Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run this mother? Pies!
Who run this mother? Pies!
Who run this mother? Pies!
Who run this mother? Pies!
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who run the world? Pies (Pies!)
Who are we? What we run?! The world (Who run this mother?)
Who are we ? What we run!? The world (Who run this mother?)
Who are we? What do we run?! We run the world (Who run this mother?!)
Who are we?! What we run?! We run the world!! Who run the world? PIES!!

Anyone who wants to record this on a track and make a music video. Just let me know and give me credit for the killer lyrics. You're welcome, America. You're welcome, The Pie-Run World!

No comments: