Thursday, May 28, 2009

Total Eclipse of the Song

I don't know how I'm getting so late on the Literal Video train, but now that I'm on board, I might never get off. It's songs you love, in the videos you always thought were batshit crazy in the awesomest way, fit with new lyrics that detail what's going on in the video in place of the real lyrics to the song. Sound complicated? It's really not. And they can be totally hilarious. I'm sure there are other great examples out there, but I think this will always be my favorite given the source material. I don't have any idea why they chose to make this video for Total Eclipse of the Heart, but it's classic '80s insanity and the new lyrics never let you forget it - and even point out the quick things you might be missing given the visual assault on the senses provided by this video. Enjoy, Bright Eyes. Remember: Staring at the swim team gets you killed by a gang of dancing ninja men who know how to twirl. So you best turn around.

No comments: