Thursday, May 14, 2009

False Idols: Gokey, Going, Gone



You are so eliminated, Gokey
You are so eliminated, Gokey
Can't you see?
It's everything I hoped for
It's everything I need
You are not going past Top 3!

Such joy and happiness this brings
Such joy and happiness this brings
Like a dream
A guiding light that shines in the night
Heavens gift to me
You are so eliminated... yippee!


It really isn't personal distaste for Gokey that makes his dismissal such a happy thing for me. It has everything to do with the judges. Ever since the Top 13, the judges have been pushing SO HARD for a Danny-Adam finaleWhy? Who knows? I guess they like Danny's story. It is a sad story. And he sings fine. But they were so shameless about favoring him . Everything Danny did was golden in their eyes. The truth is that a lot of it was not that excellent and some of it sucked No matter what happend the judges urged the public to vote for him with their "A+ for effort! See you in the finals!" campaigning. It feels so nice to know that America's ultimate response to all their bullshit was, "shut the fuck up, we actually like THIS talented guy more!" and they went with Kris. It's no secret I've always found Kris more appealing and versatile a musician than Gokey. Kris's rendition of Heartless on Tuesday night was the best thing to happen this season -and Adam's had some phenominal performances, so I don't say that lightly.

I'm glad the judges were put in their place. They overreached. Their dismissive attitude toward Danny and Allison was really aggravating for the past few weeks. So the judges don't get what they want and America gets the two best contestants in the finals. I think that rocks. Best of luck in the Finals, boys!


YOUR FINAL 2, AMERICA!

No comments: