Monday, March 23, 2009

Don't Pass-It-Over!


Saturday I went to see Haggadah (or The Passover Show) at La Mama ETC. The show was created by Witness Relocation, and it's their "long-waited dance/ theater / spectacle version of the Passover Story... Moses, Pharaoh, slaves, plagues, angels of death, the whole deal." My DDR buddies Sam and Wil are a part of it. I saw a previous performance piece by them called Blue Bird, which I don't know if I wrote about, but I enjoyed.

I think Haggadah is even better. It's an hour long and tells the story of Moses through a really intelligent mix of dance, drama and multimedia elements. It's engaging and funny and really well put together. I highly recommend it. It will be running through March 29th. And yes, Metallica factors into Passover in a see-it-to-believe-it 6:30 minute way. I loved it!




No comments: