Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Remembering Comic Con

Things have been super busy since Comic Con, so much so that I didn't have the time to upload my pictures and make witty comments. Comic Con was fun, huge, and a little intimidating. I love being a bit of a geek and a nerd, but I realize after my trip to Comic Con that I'm ONLY A BIT of a geek and a nerd, There are many many levels of knowledge about the makers of Science Fiction and Fantasy that I have not attained. Aside from all the toys and comics and costumes available for purchase, there were tons of writers and artists there featuring their work, and the people walking around seemed to actually know who these artists were! I did not. But I still had a good time. I was also just amazed by the multitudes of people there. The Javits Center is a big place and I couldn't believe how difficult it was to walk around. Everyone seemed to be having a good time though. I was happy to find myself in front of the Square Enix booth a lot, but they didn't have a wide range of character figures to buy. I would have bought something if you'd brought more, Square Enix! I was also a bit sad to look at the Catalog for June '09 and see that Square STILL won't release a Riku figure from Kingdom Hearts 2. He's my favorite. There's a $130 version they finally released, so maybe by year's end I'll get my normal priced toy. Please, Square Enix? Let there be a Christmas Miracle.

So Pictures:



Welcome to Comic Con!





So Many People!






Even MORE people!




Luckily The Hulk is killing people who are in my way and clearing a path for me.



Look! It's... Bizarro He-Man...?



Harry Potter dolls a'plenty! Even Crookshanks!


The Edward doll bears an uncanny resemblance to Alex Timbers.



Unfortunate wardrobe choices.


BYE, COMIC CON!

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!

No comments: