Thursday, February 19, 2009

Conan! Come back, Conan!

Oh, Conan. Can it be true? You are actually leaving NYC? I know that it's been 5 years in the making, but I still don't think I'm ready for this. I renember when my friend Brigie was so pleased that your little show got renewed by NBC, for like 3 weeks in your early days. Where has the time all gone to? Right now, it feels like an old friend is giving up the Broadway Dream and heading out of town forever! Don't give up on The City, Conan! Sure, you are taking over the Tonight Show, but NBC is still kinda shafting you with the Leno deal. I will miss you and your 12:35am ridiculousness. I hope LA doesn't change or tan you too much. You know you don't have the skin for it. Check vigilantly for abnormal moles.

I can't quite see what your version of The Tonight Show will look like. Will you still leap and hiss at the camera? One hopes. I will check you out and throw you some support. Just remember, it seems it never rains in Southern California. But Conan, don't they warn ya. It pours, Man, it pours.

While I wait for your premiere this Spring, I will enjoy this one final invisible string dance off with Stephen Colbert.

No comments: