Sunday, January 18, 2009

Welcome Back, BSG!



Battlestar Galactrica came back on Friday to air its final 10 episodes. I am thrilled. I love my awesomely brutal show. It's so hard on its characters, without ever having a nasty attitude. I think that's why I love it so much - I mean, that and the superb writing, acting and production values. I can't believe only ten (or at this point only NINE) still remain to be seen. Is nine hours enough to wrap up the whole story? Normally, I would say yes, but BSG is like Lost in its notorious reputation for answering questions in ways that only raise many more questions. Here is a list of things I would like to know by the end of the season. I will try to be as spoiler-free as possible.

1. Now that all of the cylons have been revealed, are they going to be reunited with the one who was lost? Where is that cylon? Why could the 7 models know that twelve existed but not know who the other 5 were. How do the two groups relate?

2. If a certain someone is not human and not cylon, what the hell is that certain someone?

3. What the frak was up with Pythia?

4. Is a frakked up space-time continuum to blame for all the confusion?

5. How many more will have to die before the end credits roll? In this first episode back another much beloved character bit the dust by shockingly commiting suicide! It was terrible. I was very sad that this person did not make it to the end and their presence at the end will be missed.

The journey for the Fleet has been rough and the casualities have always been high. I have high hopes that the conclusion will make sense and have a satisfying resolution. Nothing to do but sit back and enjoy the ride. By your command.

No comments: