Monday, December 8, 2008

Purple Reign, Purple Reign

This past Saturday, Miggy graduated from an Orange Belt in karate class to a Purple Belt. This was a momentous occasion. We have been waiting YEARS to get to purple belt. Purple is Miguel's favorite color, so reaching this level was extremely important to him. I'm amazed he's stuck with it this long, but I'm proud that he made it. Now he will enter the training for his black belt. If he sticks with it long enough, he's gonna get it!!

the ceremony was held for a bunch of classes at once at Hunter College. They were all doing their best, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I could kick all their asses if I really wanted to. I know, I know. They are children. Still, I just wanted to yell at them, "sharper! don't hesitate! move with conviction!" They weren't committing to the movement. It would cost them dearly in a true fight. And I, of course, would've shown them no mercy.

The experience reminded me of the time Kramer fought those kids in karate class. it's a classic moment I've included below:

No comments: