Saturday, November 22, 2008

snacks to the max

I have always had a soft spot for Entenmann's products. When I was little, my Grandparents would get tons of cookies and cakes from a friend who worked for the company. It was all stuff that was juuuust about to expire (which I assume is why they were giving it away) but most of the stuff had also been in the freezer so it really had more of a shelf life than usual. Plus, a box of cookies doesn't really last that long with a 6-year-old cookie junkie and his two older sisters anyway, so expirartion dates don't factor in.

My favorite of all the baked goods were these giant choco chip cookies with nuts that were the size of an adult's fist. They came six (possibly eight) to a box. They were totally delicious and 1 or 2 at a time they were the perfect meal. They stopped making them a while ago, and then they brought back an inferior version with a different recipe. Boo-urns to that.

As one gets older, one cannot eat as many Entenmann's products as one used to without it reflecting unfavorably in the belly area. It is a sad reality. However, they now have 100 calorie packs called Little Bites. that make a decent snack when you're craving some soft baked sugary goodness. You can get the taste you are craving without becoming a total fatty. As you would guess, there are usually only a few small nibbles per pack, but you get used to it. That is, I did, until I tried the chocoate chip muffin minis.

TWO?? TWO MUFFIN MINI's PER PACKET?? That is simply not enough. They need to come up with a less calorie filled muffin and put more bites in each packet. It's insane to think two little things are gonna be enough of a snack. There is not enough to chew. You don't get the sense that you've eaten anything. You know you've reached your 100 calorie limit, but you're not ready to move on.

Work it out, Entenmann's. I like your stuff. I'm a lifelong junkie, but I need more substance in my snacks.

No comments: