Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Twenty Nine

I am now 29. 5 days to go. 360 to go. If I change my personality 1 degree for the rest of the year I will make completely circle around and meet myself again by the time I'm thirty. This would prove that as time goes by, the more things change, the more they say the same. Does that make sense? I swear I'm not high as I'm writing this. If you call me overtired, then guilty as charged.

I had a very fun party at my place this year. I have not hosted a party in forever and was not sure how it would go. When I woke up and saw it was windy and overcast, I immediately thought no one would show up. It's hard to expect people to travel between boroughs in inclement weather. I know I drop plans at the slightest drop of rain on a cold day. But my friends are better people than I am, and they came out and we had a fun time talking and eating and playing mafia until the wee hours of the morning. There was the watching of the world series on my Giant TV (i must name my TV, it deserves an Identity). Then when most people left I watched The Warriors on Blu Ray with friends who were waiting for a 5:15am (you read that right) train back to CT. The Warriors is a great 2am movie. The perfect movie to christen my new PS3. Happy birthday to ME!

I'm actually looking forward to the last year of my 20's and feeling good about what's to come in my 30s. I'm in a good place. I will be in an even better place if Barack wins 6 days from now. Right now I'm looking forward with a lot of hope. While I'm still not great at making plans, there are more goals and a greater sense of momentum and urgency in me to complete them. I'm excited and inspired. There's more than I need in my life and I'm gonna go after it. I have supportive family and friends. I have a lot to be thankful for.

Perhaps next year, I will be freaking out and singing 30/90 while in a cloud of my own filth like Pig Pen, but for now I feel good. To para-phase Obama, I am the change I've been waiting for. And to directly quote Kermit The Frog, "look at me. here i am. right where i belong."

No comments: