Wednesday, October 22, 2008

the town's as busy as bees!

I feel like I have not written anything here in a long time. I feel like I've posted quick things but not written. And I really want to write! Right now it is tricky, because almost all of my non-activity time has been taken up by running. Training for the marathon has been totally consuming. I don't feel physically or mentally run down by it, but I'm looking forward to having running going back to being part of my normal exercise routine, and not totally consuming my evenings.

So here are a few highlights of the past week and a half or so.

I participated in an Obama phonathon alter ting people in swing state Indiana that early voting had already begun, and that it was a very convenient way of voting. It eases congestion at polling places on Election Day and let's you get voting out of the way in case some emergency comes up on Election Day. Why put off voting tomorrow for the candidate you want today? What I learned from this experience was that it's very fulfilling to talk to nice people on the phone. Also? Dads in general, are suspicious of people trying to talk to their college-age students. We just want them to vote, good sirs! We don't want their money! Obama has plenty!

I saw Firefox in a fun show last week. It was good times. 5 short plays adding up to "The Goldberg Variations." Firefox is a talented actress! It was great to see her on-stage. And her mom wrote three of the pieces. She is a talented playwright!

I had a karaoke reunion with the '06 alums of my old theater company, Nitestar. We rocked out to many songs. Favorites I sang on Friday were Creep, What's Up?, Life On Mars, Don't Stop Me Now, Bohemian Rhapsody and Who Knew? There were more. It was a ton of fun. I'm so glad we all got back together.

I went home for my cousin's daughter's baptism. It was good to see the extended family. There was a tornado of young children running around. Lots of people asked me lots of questions about the marathon. Everyone seemed proud of me doing it. That made me feel good.

Dad got me an AMAZING new TV for my birthday. I think he had to one-up my present to him last spring of getting him really good seats to see In The Heights. So now I have a beautiful 42" flatscreen. It easily beats out any other birthday or Christmas present I've ever received. Now all the talking heads on TV are actual GIANT TALKING HEADS. I don't think I've ever loved a possession like I love this TV. If I could make love to this TV, I would. It's that awesome.

Those are some highlights of what's been going on. I turn 29 on Sunday, I am going to see Billy Elliot on Tuesday and then running the marathon on Nov. 2 and the election is on Nov. 4th. That's a lot of upcoming things to write about and there's much more non-event related stuff that's brewing in my brain. So I'll see you soon!

1 comment:

NoddyMonkey said...

I'm so jealous of your TV! Although my 32" is big enough. For now. Hmph.