Sunday, August 24, 2008

Olympic Shout Out #14


Dear Usain,

Okay, you're very fast. I appreciate that. Your wins were amazing. Granted. But... I don't know. It took me a long time to come around to giving you a shout out. Why you ask? Well, I just didn't like the way you celebrated after winning. It was not very... sportsmanlike, in my opinion. I understand that you would be super-thrilled winning golds and breaking world records. That's as it should be. But the little dances and the looks you're giving other racers DURING THE RACE, they kinda turned me off. I didn't really think they were in the spirit of the Olympics. But then that Tae Kwon Do guy kicked his referee in the head, because he didn't like a call, and your dancing no longer seemed that high on the Unsportsmanlike Conduct Scale. So here's your shout out for your very impressive wins. Your last name gave Bob Costas all kinds of free reign over lightning metaphors, which was more than annoying, but again, it's wrong for me to blame you for his lack of self-control. Congrats, Usain. You earned it.

Warmest Regards,
Owen

No comments: