Saturday, May 31, 2008

Two Weddings and No Funerals

Thank goodness! The wireless signal I mooch off has returned! I guess "Jen's Home Office" is only present on the weekends now. I came home this evening to find that I could finally post my thoughts on Xanadu and Good Boys and True. Tonight I went to my co-workers wedding. It was very nice. It was the second wedding of the week. On Memorial Day one of my closest friend's from college got married. Two weddings in one week is... intense. But both ceremonies were really lovely and actually very different from each other, so it didn't feel repetitive the second time through. I went to both of these weddings without a date, and luckily there were awesome single friends in abundance at both receptions. And at neither ceremony did I feel self-pity about not having someone to love. Woohoo! I went a little crazy on the dance floor at tonight's reception, there should be some interesting photos popping up online in the coming days! It was a lot of fun though.

One thing that is a little weird about weddings, is that I can't help but think about how I will deal with my mother's absence when I eventually get married. I won't be able to dance with her at the ceremony, but should there be a song played in her memory? Should it be mentioned in the ceremony? It's hard for me not to get really emotional thinking about it. Just thinking about it hypothetically makes me feel so hurt that I won't get to dance with her. So there are mother-son moments at weddings that get me really choked up. But regardless of that, I'm very happy for my friends who have found people they want to spend the rest of their lives with. They were both excellent parties, with great food and wonderful dancing. Now I'm tired and have to do a long run tomorrow to burn off all the delicious and fattening food i ate over the last week. But for now it's time for bed!

No comments: