Tuesday, May 13, 2008

This Baker's Dozen Tastes So Sweet

Today was a thrilling day. My friends at In The Heights got nominated for an astounding thirteen 2008 Tony nominations. I am so happy for them. It's really just incredible and emotional and overwhelming. When I think of how hard Lin has worked on the show year after year and see all these wonderful people, on-stage and off, who joined him on the journey along the way, and to know that their hard work, and devotion and talent is being recognized... I can't really express what it means. I love them. This journey has been filled with delights but that in no way implies it'sbeen easy. I've seen them have so many incredible days this spring. It's been a privelege to share in their joy and their achievement, and i wish them all so many more incredible moments with the show and beyond. Regardless of what happens on Tony night, and seriously, who can say what will happen, they have already made history and I'm so incredibly proud of them. Their journey makes me have hope in the world. There's nothing else to say. I love them. I believe in them. Congratulations. You've all earned it.

Without, further ado, the nominations are:

Best Musical
In The Heights

Best Actor
Lin-Manuel Miranda

Best Featured Actress
Olga Merediz

Best Featured Actor
Robin de Jesús

Best Score
Lin-Manuel Miranda

Best Book
Quiara Alegría Hudes

Best Director
Thomas Kail

Best Choreography
Andy Blankenbuehler

Best Orchestrations
Alex Lacamoire & Bill Sherman

Best Scenic Design
Anna Louizos

Best Costume Design
Paul Tazewell

Best Lighting Design
Howell Binkley

Best Sound Design
Acme Sound Partners

For further reading of the awesomeness check out: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/14/theater/theaterspecial/14tony.html?_r=1&ref=theater&oref=slogin##

No comments: