Monday, April 14, 2008

Return To Sender


I arrived home tonight and found this letter sitting on the radiator next to the mailboxes. It made me laugh, and luckily I happened to have my camera with me so I could save it for posterity. I've lived in several apartments over my years in NYC, and I'm sure I have mail that shows up all over the place. I have not received my Wesleyan Alumni Magazine since 2003 and it has to be going somewhere. It can sometimes be fun to see how many former tenants still have mail coming to them at your current residence. But occasionally it gets annoying and it takes more colorful language than just "return to sender" for the Postal Service to take the hint and stop sending you bills and credit card applications that ain't yours. For the record, I hope this soul made it "upstairs" instead of heading "down below."

No comments: