Sunday, April 13, 2008

I will watch you, 3:10 to Yuma!

According to Netflix, I have had 3:10 to Yuma in my apartment since 1/8/08. Netflix doesn't care. As long as I pay my subscription, I can keep it as long as I like. It isn't judging me. I am judging myself. I have had plenty of opportunities to watch this movie. There are plenty of movies I am looking forward to watching, waiting for me in my queue. So why does a part of me refuse to watch this movie? I wanted to watch it several months ago, otherwise I wouldn't have put it in my queue. It has lots of actors I like in it. It got very good reviews. It's not like I haven't had the time: I have spent plenty of hours on weekends watching reruns of Top Chef and Top Model and America's Next Best Top Dance Crew (or whatever it's called - Go Jabbas!) but I will not watch this movie. I'll be cleaning my living room, see it sitting on my end table and I'll come up with different reasons why it's just not the right time to watch the damn thing already.

Despite my ambivalence, I also cannot bring myself to abandon it completely and send it back unwatched. I keep thinking there will be a time where the mood will strike me and i'll say to myself "It's time to watch 3:10 to Yuma!" Just because it's been 4 months and that feeling has not returned doesn't mean it never will.

But tonight I have decided I will no longer wait for inspiration to arrive. I am forcing my own hand. I will watch 3:10 to Yuma! I have enough time before i go to bed. I have twisted something in my back that renders me a captive audience. There are no more excuses. The time is now! I will begrudingly watch this movie. I just need to organize all the things I need to effectively multitask while watching it and then I'll put it in. I swear. I'm gonna do it. I am! Probably. I mean this episode of Eli Stone that came on after desperate houswives has both katey sagal and graham from my so-called life guest-starring in it, and that's an attractive alternative... no! No. The movie. Tonight, we finish this. And I will send it back and get a new movie. And i will keep that one for less than 4 months. I will break my netflix coma and live again!

2 comments:

Grace said...

We have the same problem. Currently the movie we have sitting there unwatched is "Million Dollar Baby". The problem is also that we get TWO movies at a time, so we will literally cycle one movie in and out and let the other sit, unloved and unwatched, for a month. Its like the gym, you kinda dread actually doing it, but then afterwards you're really glad you did.

Kevin said...

I am guessing its still on the table, collecting dust. I hope though, that since you had enough motivation to actually write a blog about this that you would end up sitting down and biting the bullet. But something tells me...not so much. But I sympathize. This is like me with "The Lord of The Rings" and "Harry Potter" series. Something just doesn't feel right.