Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hey! I'm walkin' here!

Well, it had to happen. I finally got hit by a bicyclist in NYC. I have had several narrow misses in the past. But finally today as i was crossing 50th street at Broadway this idiot on a bike decided to try come from behind and cut me off in a way that made it impossible for me to see him coming or for him to completely clear me in the small amount of space still available to him ahead of me in the crosswalk. Thankfully i was not hit by the bike itself,but by the guy's shoulder and side as he passed in front of me. I was able to get my hands up in time to deflect the impact and he just kept driving away with barely a "coming through!" shouted back in my direction. I was so mad. I really can't stand bike messengers and delivery people who make no effort to adhere to the flow of traffic and constantly put pedestrians and cars at risk for causing serious injuries or accidents. And they KNOW they're doing it. They think they're so cool for it. HAAATE.

In happier news, the wireless signal known as "Jen's Home Office" has returned after a two day absence from my home. Perhaps Jen took her home office on a business trip? I do not know, but that signal is the best one to mooch off of when I'm at home, and without it, I've been forced to go old school and use my Desktop computer to write posts. Last night i actually wrote a post from the desktop and I was kind of falling asleep at the end of it and i thought i hit "publish" but apparently I didn't, and now that thing is GONE. I don't know where it is. i don't even have a saved draft of it. I will have to readdress that post at a later time.

I saw Sunday In The Park With George today. I liked it. Review soon to follow. Right now I must go grocery shopping and then go to the gym before it gets too late. If I see just one delivery guy trying to drive across against the light, I'm gonna chase him down and knock him off his stupid ten speed. We live in a society with rules, people!

No comments: